Bio-Active Paper Tests > GLIF ABD
GLIF is ... Group Legible Immunohaematology Format
Glif is a paradigm shift in blood group serology requiring no external elements to perform a rapid, reliable and self-interpreting ABO.
Why is it revolutionary?
1. GLIF ABD can perform ABO and other blood group antigens without water, power, laboratory facilities or trained blood bank specialists. GLIF ABD can be used anywhere by anyone with basic healthcare training.
2. GLIF ABD provides a result from a whole blood sample. GLIF ABD incorporates a multi-layer patented application system allowing robust ‘in-field’ addition of whole blood.
3. GLIF ABD takes less than two minutes to provide a safe, reliable basic blood group. Not only does GLIF ABD operate in a clinically significant time frame, GLIF ABD allows for an amplification in urgent testing volume that is unparalleled, making GLIF ABD ideal for multitrauma events.
4. GLIF ABD is a self-interpreting grouping test. GLIF ABD tells the user the answer, no instruments necessary. Basic testing can be performed by one operator and passed to another. Transcription or time delay errors are eliminated.
5. GLIF ABD is inexpensive, making it ideal for mass testing requirements.
6. GLIF ABD also performs a range of blood group related antigen testing, making GLIF ABD convenient for any size transfusion laboratory.
- NOTE: GLIF is also available in a field kit ready format, incorporating hard shell, lancet(s), micro-transfer pipette(s), swab(s), marker pen and diluent.
- *Performance evaluation pending.